As one of the largest grocery chains in the UK, Waitrose is a popular place to shop for all types of foods, and when it’s time to celebrate, their bakery is ready for the occasion. While the selection of Waitrose cakes can change daily, you can special order cakes at every location.
Pricing on Waitrose cakes to order is usually the same at each store, but it is always best to check with your local market for exact pricing information. The data shown here is based on the average costs of cakes from Waitrose.
Waitrose Cakes Prices
|Waitrose Round Cakes
|Rectangular Chocolate Cake (Serves 8 to 10 people)
|Rectangular Jelly Bean Cake (Serves 8 to 10 people)
|Round Chocolate Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|Decorate-Your-Own Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|Round Happy Birthday Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|Party Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|Waitrose Specialty Cakes
|Caterpillar Cake (Serves 8 to 10 people)
|Lucky Lamb Cake (Serves 8 to 10 people)
|Butterfly Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|Parcel Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|Character Cakes (Serves 8 to 10 people)
|Champagne Congratulations Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|Waitrose Sponge Cakes
|Iced Golden Sponge Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|Ice Chocolate Sponge Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|Butterflies Sponge Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
|White Blossom Sponge Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)
Waitrose Cake Types & Designs
If you’re considering a Waitrose cake for a special occasion, you have a few different options to choose from. For your Waitrose cake order, you have two main flavor options:
– Chocolate. If you’re a chocoholic, you’ll have a hard time resisting the chocolate celebration cakes Waitrose has to offer. Made with real dark Belgian chocolate and milk chocolate, the chocolate cake has a soft, spongy quality and is usually topped off with decadent chocolate ganache.
– Sponge Cake. For something a little lighter, the sponge cakes are very popular Waitrose party cakes. This madeira sponge cake is usually filled with something tasty like buttercream and fruit filling and then iced in sweet, rich buttercream frosting.
Whether you’re buying ready-made Waitrose cakes in store locations or purchasing a Waitrose cake made to order you can find these two types of cakes in a variety of sizes and styles. Check out our pricing list above for more information.
Waitrose Birthday Cake
If you’re looking to buy a festive birthday cake, Waitrose has a number of specialty designs that are perfect for the occasion. Here are some of the birthday cakes at Waitrose stores:
– Chocolate Happy Birthday Cake. This rich classic chocolate cake is decorated with white and milk chocolate stars and curls and the words “Happy Birthday” in icing.
–Kids Birthday Cakes. In this section of the Waitrose catalog, you can find a great variety of wonderful kids birthday cake design options and ideas. Waitrose offers character cakes, as well as cakes in cute shapes, such as train cakes or ladybug cakes.
– Iced Cake. Available in chocolate and sponge varieties, these Waitrose birthday cakes come with white buttercream frosting and are ready for you to decorate with your own icing. You can also purchase a plain sponge cake and then frost and decorate it yourself.
– Animal Cakes. Fun for grown-ups and kids alike, these Waitrose birthday cakes are shaped like animals like caterpillars and lambs.
-Birthday Cupcakes. Cupcakes are great alternative to the traditional birthday cakes, as they are easier to serve. Waitrose cupcakes are decorated to suit any kids birthday party. The Woodsland Critters decorated cupcakes work well for any party, but you can also purchase Waitrose birthday cupcakes for girl birthday parties or boy birthday parties.
In addition to the birthday cakes Waitrose offers as ready-made designs, the bakery will also prepare Waitrose bakery cakes to order. You can have a cake made in a certain size or shape with the fillings and Waitrose cake decorations that you prefer.
The cost of a special order cake will generally be more than the prices outlined in the table above.
Waitrose Graduation Cake
If you’re celebrating a graduation, you can opt for the following Waitrose occasion cakes:
– Champagne Congratulations Cake. This sponge cake is frosted with buttercream and decorated with a bottle of champagne and a glass of bubbly. It’s a popular choice for university graduations.
– Party Cake. Bright and festive, this Waitrose round madeira sponge cake has white buttercream icing and edible party decorations.
Custom graduation cakes at Waitrose are also available for an additional fee beyond the prices listed on the chart above.
Waitrose Baby Shower Cake
For baby showers, the Waitrose cake designs catalog has some standard designs for you to consider, including:
– Waitrose Lucky Lamb Cake. This domed madeira sponge cake is covered in white chocolate butter cream and white chocolate shavings that look like wool. A milk chocolate lamb face adds a cute finishing touch to the cake.
– Waitrose Butterfly Cake. Pale blue icing and a pink butterfly on a white buttercream cherry blossom branch make this sponge cake a lovely choice for a sophisticated baby shower.
– Parcel Cake. Available in chocolate and sponge cake varieties, this square cake comes tied with a bow and topped with candied dots that make it look like a wrapped present.
You can also have Waitrose cakes made to order for a baby shower for an additional cost on top of the prices shown above. If you want to see other baby shower cake designs, check out Asda cakes.
Waitrose Wedding Cake
Waitrose wedding cakes are available in a wide range of designs. Some of the options include:
– Heart Cakes. These small cakes serve 40 to 50 people and cost between £50 and £80 pounds. They’re romantic and a low-cost alternative to a formal cake.
– Three and Four-Tier Cakes. Available in sponge, fruit and chocolate flavors with different types of icing and decorations, these traditional designs cost between £150 and £490, depending on how elaborate the design is.
– Cupcakes. If you’re looking for something that’s different than the usual wedding cake and easy to eat, the gourmet wedding cupcakes from Waitrose are an ideal choice. The store has many kinds available, and they typically cost around £13 per dozen.
Custom Waitrose wedding designs are also available. You can discuss the options and pricing for these Waitrose cakes to order at your nearest location.
Normally 1 to 3 weeks notice is needed when ordering a Waitrose wedding cake even if you are buying a standard design. Check out even more wedding cakes from Tesco that are in a similar price range.
Waitrose Cakes Delivery Options
If you want to place a Waitrose cake order for one of the store’s standard designs, you can do so online. You can visit the website to see every cake Waitrose currently has on offer and the current prices. Then, you can add the cake that you want to order to your cart and check out like you would with any online purchase.
When you buy Waitrose birthday cakes, wedding cakes, and other celebration cakes online, they can typically be delivered right to your door, provided that you give 1 to 2 days lead time. The stores have limited delivery areas, so when you sign into the site, be sure to enter your zip code to double check that there is a Waitrose close by that will deliver to you.
Prefer to pick up Waitrose birthday cakes in store locations or want to buy Waitrose birthday cakes made to order? If so, then you’ll need to stop into the bakery yourself. Waitrose cakes made to order can only be purchased in person. This includes all types of Waitrose celebration cakes, wedding cakes, and party cakes.
You can typically still arrange to have Waitrose celebration cakes to order delivered to your home for an extra fee, provided that you live near the location that you visit. To find your nearest location, use the store finder.
If you’re considering Waitrose made to order cakes or standard cake designs for a celebration, we hope that you’ll consider coming back to our site after you have tasted your cake. Leave a review in the “Comments” section and tell our readers how everything went.