Marks & Spencer may be known for luxury fashions and home decor, but the British retailer also serves up a tasty assortment of decadent gourmet delicacies. Their selection of fine foods has separated the store from other British retailers for more than a century. With such an excellent reputation for providing delicious treats, it’s no surprise that Marks and Spencer cakes are popular choices for special occasions. This guide will introduce you to the many Marks & Spencer cake options available. Please keep in mind that prices are based on average costs and selection may vary from store to store.
Marks and Spencer Cakes Prices
|Marks and Spencer Round Cakes||Extremely Chocolatey Party Cake||£20.00|
|Piped Roses Sponge Cake||£35.00|
|Piped Roses Fruit Cake||£40.00|
|Vintage Grey Cake||£35.00|
|Collections Triple Layer Brownie Cake||£55.00|
|Collections Marc de Champagne Chocolate Cake||£40.00|
|Collections Cassis Rose Cake||£40.00|
|Marks and Spencer Square and Bar Cakes||Caterpillar Cake||£35.00|
|Celebration Sponge Cake with Bow||£32.00|
|Celebration Fruit Cake with Bow||£38.00|
|Celebration Chocolate Cake with Bow||£35.00|
|Congratulations Bar Cake||£35.00|
|Roses Sponge Cake||£35.00|
|Roses Fruit Cake||£40.00|
|Roses Chocolate Cake||£35.00|
|Marks and Spencer Specialty Cakes||Animal Cake||Starts at £35.00|
|Single Number Cake||£25.00|
|Double Number Cake||£50.00|
|Special Interest Shaped Cakes||Starts at £40.00|
|Present Stack Cake||£45.00|
Marks and Spencer Cake Types & Designs
– Sponge Cake. Light and luscious, the sponge Marks and Spencer cake is often filled with fruit and iced with buttercream.
– Fruit Cake. The fruit cake Marks and Spencer offers is a British classic filled with bits of dried fruit and filled with a layer of marzipan. Soft buttercream icing is usually used to frost the cake.
– Chocolate Cake. These Marks and Spencer cakes are a fudgy twist on the sponge cake. Typically, this cake is filled with gooey chocolate ganache. It may be frosted with either soft buttercream or chocolate ganache, depending on the design.
With these traditional cakes, you can choose from pre-decorated styles with standard Marks and Spencer cake decorations or from Marks and Spencer cakes to order designs that you personalize yourself.
In addition to their traditional cakes, Marks and Spencer offers a selection of high-end gourmet cakes in their Collections range. The cakes vary but typically include:
- Triple Layer Brownie Cake
- Marc de Champagne Chocolate Cake
- Cassis Rose Cake
These cakes usually have one design and are not available to be customized as Marks and Spencer personalized cakes.
Marks and Spencer Birthday Cake
For birthday cakes, Marks and Spencer has a wide range of options. Popular Marks and Spencer birthday cake designs include:
– Roses Cakes. These Marks and Spencer birthday cakes are decorated with icing roses and come in different colors. They’re popular options for women.
– Number Cakes. With these Marks & Spencer birthday cakes, the guest of honor’s age is spelled out in one or two edible digits. Number cakes come in a variety of different colors and designs and are favorites for adults and kids.
– Balloon Cake. Multi-color balloons and matching stripes along the side make this a popular choice of Marks and Spencer birthday cakes for young and old alike.
– Shaped Cakes. You can buy Marks and Spencer birthday cakes shaped like items that are interesting or appealing to the guest of honor. For Marks and Spencer kids birthday cakes, designs like the pirate ship and princess castle are popular. For adults, there are cakes for people who love gardening, cycling, golf and many other activities.
Prices for these cakes are shown in the table above.
Marks and Spencer Graduation Cake
Marks and Spencer does not have any cake designs that are specifically for a high school or college graduation. For the occasion, many people opt for the Celebration cake, a square sponge, chocolate or fruit cake decorated with a personal greeting and then finished with a bow.
For a university graduation, the Congratulations Bar Cake with a fondant champagne bottle and a pair of toasting flutes is another popular option. You can find the prices for both of these Marks and Spencer above. Would you rather like a Champagne Congratulations Cake? Check out how to order a Waitrose graduation cake.
Marks and Spencer Baby Shower Cake
If you’re planning a baby shower, there are two adorable cakes that are perfect for the occasion:
– Little Boots. Normally used for christenings, this cake is also a sweet choice for a shower. It comes in blue and pink and features a pair of edible baby booties. The price is around £35.
– Bear Cake. These sweet cakes are shaped like teddy bears. They come on a flat base that can be personalized with a greeting for the mom or dad. The girl bear wears a pink flower and matching hair bow, and the boy bear sports a blue tie. Both cakes cost around £45.
For even more adorable designs, check out Asda baby shower cakes.
Marks and Spencer Wedding Cake
Marks and Spencer wedding cakes are incredibly popular, and the store has nearly 100 different designs for you to choose from. You can design your own cake by mixing and matching flavors and decorations or choose one of their ready-made cakes.
In the Marks Spencer wedding cakes collection, you’ll find cakes to match every theme from Victorian and romantic to rustic chic and modern. The store has multi-tier cakes, cutting cakes and even cheese spreads designed to look like a cake for an alternative dessert.
Prices vary but are typically somewhere between £2.50 and £5.00 per 100-gram serving.
Marks and Spencer Cakes Delivery Options
Nearly all standard Marks and Spencer cakes can be ordered online. Even the Marks & Spencer wedding cake range is available for you to browse, and you can place your order over the Internet without having to visit a store.
As you shop, you’ll be able to see the current prices of all of the Marks and Spencer cakes. The site will also tell you how soon in advance you need to order each of their designs. Most cakes require 1 week’s notice. A Marks and Spencer wedding cake may need to be purchased up to 4 to 6 weeks ahead.
Marks and Spencer cake delivery is available for most locations in the UK. When you place a Marks and Spencer cake order, you’ll be asked where and when you want to have your cake delivered, and the store will do their best to accommodate your request.
Cake delivery requires a fee. To avoid the fee, you can buy online and ship the cake to your nearest store for pickup. You can find your nearest store by using their online search tool.
Whether you’re looking for a shower cake, a graduation cake, a wedding cake or a birthday cake, Marks and Spencer definitely have a design that will appeal to your taste buds and your sense of style.
If you order a Marks and Spencer wedding cake or special occasion cake, please visit our site again after you try it. Leave a review in the “Comments” and help others decide whether to choose a Marks and Spencer cake for their next event.