Carlo’s Bakery is a chain of bake shops with legendary cakes, but few people recognize it by its proper name. That’s because Buddy Valastro, owner of the bakery, has become famous through his television show on TLC called “Cake Boss.” Today, people simply call Carlo’s Bakery “Cake Boss” after the show. If you’re looking to purchase Cake Boss cakes, there is a wide range that you can choose from.
Cake Boss Cake prices do tend to vary from store to store, but this guide to their products and pricing will give you an idea of the average amount that you can expect to pay for a Cake Boss cake.
Cake Boss Cakes Prices
|Cake Boss Round Cakes||9” Textured Turquoise Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)||Starts at $81.95|
|9” Textured Soft Peach Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)||Starts at $81.95|
|9” Textured Fuchsia Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)||Starts at $81.95|
|9” Textured Green Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)||Starts at $81.95|
|9” Flower Power Cake (Serves 10 to 12 people)||Starts at $39.95|
|10” Textured Turquoise Cake (Serves 15 to 20 people)||Starts at $100.00|
|10” Textured Soft Peach Cake (Serves 15 to 20 people)||Starts at $100.00|
|10” Textured Fuchsia Cake (Serves 15 to 20 people)||Starts at $100.00|
|10” Textured Green Cake (Serves 15 to 20 people)||Starts at $100.00|
|10” Flower Power Cake (Serves 15 to 20 people)||Starts at $65.00|
|10” Rosette Bouquet Cake (Serves 25 to 30 people)||Starts at $115.00|
|12” Textured Turquoise Cake (Serves 25 to 30 people)||Starts at $140.00|
|12” Textured Soft Peach Cake (Serves 25 to 30 people)||Starts at $140.00|
|12” Textured Fuchsia Cake (Serves 25 to 30 people)||Starts at $140.00|
|12” Textured Green Cake (Serves 25 to 30 people)||Starts at $140.00|
|12” Flower Power Cake (Serves 25 to 30 people)||Starts at $80.00|
|12” Rosette Bouquet Cake (Serves 35 to 40 people)||Starts at $155.00|
|14” Rosette Bouquet Cake (Serves 45 to 30 people)||Starts at $205.00|
|Cake Boss Sheet Cakes||Buttercream Blossom 1/4 Sheet Cake (Serves 15 to 20 people)||Starts at $100.00|
|The Dotty Blue 1/4 Sheet Cake (Serves 15 to 20 people)||Starts at $65.00|
|The Dotty Pink 1/4 Sheet Cake (Serves 15 to 20 people)||Starts at $65.00|
|Green Garden 1/4 Sheet Cake (Serves 15 to 20 people)||Starts at $65.00|
|Buttercream Blossom 1/2 Sheet Cake (Serves 30 to 40 people)||Starts at $185.00|
|The Dotty Blue 1/2 Sheet Cake (Serves 30 to 40 people)||Starts at $100.00|
|The Dotty Pink 1/2 Sheet Cake (Serves 30 to 40 people)||Starts at $100.00|
|Green Garden 1/2 Sheet Cake (Serves 30 to 40 people)||Starts at $100.00|
|Buttercream Blossom Full Sheet Cake (Serves 80 people)||Starts at $330.00|
|The Dotty Blue Full Sheet Cake (Serves 80 people)||Starts at $170.00|
|The Dotty Pink Full Sheet Cake (Serves 80 people)||Starts at $170.00|
|Green Garden Full Sheet Cake (Serves 80 people)||Starts at $170.00|
Cake Boss Cake Types & Designs
Carlo’s Bakery sells dozens of desserts, but Cake Boss cakes are their specialty. Unlike some other bakeries that provide custom cakes in a wide range of flavors, Cake Boss focuses on providing only a small number of gourmet cakes and making them incredibly tasty and unique.
The standard Cake Boss cake is a white sponge cake. You can upgrade to other flavors for an additional cost beyond the Cake Boss prices listed above. Chocolate is usually a $5 upgrade, and red velvet and carrot cakes usually cost $15 more.
Buttercream is the standard icing for Cake Boss cakes. Whipped cream is available for some cakes at no additional charge.
Cake Boss Birthday Cake
Cake Boss offers the following birthday cakes:
- Buttercream cakes. These cakes are the standard Cake Boss cakes that are listed in the price list above. They are offered in round and sheet cake sizes in a number of designs that appeal to men, women and kids.
- Edible image cakes. These Cake Boss cakes are intended for kids. They feature licensed artwork from popular television shows, movies, video games and books. These cakes are available in round and sheet cake sizes and typically start at around $65.
- Fondant cakes. Cake Boss fondant cakes feature elaborate designs that usually relate to a theme like a hobby, special interest or occasion. Because these cakes are so elaborate, they cost more. Cake Boss cake prices on these designs usually start at $81 and range to up to $500.
- One-of-a-kind cakes. Cake Boss will design custom one-of-a-kind cakes to order for birthdays. The prices of these cakes usually begin at around $300 to $500 and can range into the $1000s depending on how elaborate the design is.
Cake Boss Graduation Cake
Cake Boss does not have any graduation cake designs in their standard range of cakes. You can order a specialty graduation cake as a one-of-a-kind design for your celebration or choose one of the basic buttercream cakes and have it personalized with a message of congratulations to the graduate. You can browse the Waitrose graduation cakes catalog for inspiration.
Cake Boss Baby Shower Cake
The following designs are popular choices for Cake Boss baby shower cakes.
– The Dotty. Available in blue and pink, this sheet cake features cheerful polka dots. You can be personalize it with a message of your choosing. Its cost is listed on the Cake Boss cake price list above.
– Pink Pearl. This two-layer cake serves 35 to 40 people and is pink in color with a cross accent. Iced with fondant, the cake costs around $225.
– Many Blessings. This two-layer cake is blue in color and features a white fondant cloth swag, three-dimensional fondant roses and an edible cross topper. The design includes a gift tag with a greeting . The cost of this cake is around $500 and it feeds 50 people.
– Bubbly Baby. This two-layer square cake features baby blocks, a stroller and polka dots. It has a fondant icing and serves 35 to 40 people. Suitable for both baby boys and baby girls, the cake costs around $300.
You can browse through their selection of kids cakes designs to see more options.
Cake Boss Wedding Cake
All Cake Boss wedding cakes are one-of-a-kind custom order designs. Starting prices for small Cake Boss wedding cakes are usually around $500. The bakery offers the following designs:
– Buttercream. These cakes are typically less expensive options and have a classic look with white icing in different textures.
– Elegant. These cakes have traditional appeal and usually have a fondant icing. Their design often includes crystals, pearls and other embellishments.
– Floral. These cakes feature sculpted three-dimensional or fresh flowers.
– Hall. These Cake Boss wedding cakes are sleek designs with three or ore tiers and fondant icing. They are more modern than the elegant designs.
– Modern. These Cake Boss cakes break from convention and have artistic flair.
– Vintage. These cakes are inspired by Victorian and early 20th century design and are usually very formal.
Cake Boss Cakes Delivery Options
Placing a Cake Boss cakes order is very easy, as the store has an online ordering system for all of its locations. You can buy a Cake Boss cake online and then pick it up at the store at a time that you specify. The bakeries do not offer delivery on standard cakes that you order online.
To use the Cake Boss online ordering system, you begin by selecting your location. First, you click on a map screen and then you find your nearest location. Next, you’ll be taken to a page with the entire Cake Boss menu. Find the cake that you want and then click on it to choose your size, your cake type and what type of customization or greeting you want to have added.
Once you have made your selections, you go to the checkout system and complete your purchase. To find your nearest Cakes Boss location, check out their locations page.
If you wish to order a completely one-of-a-kind custom Cake Boss cake, you will need to schedule a consultation and visit one of the Cake Boss locations. Consultations usually last for 30 minutes to 1 hour and include a cake tasting. The cost is usually $100. Delivery is available for cakes purchased through consultations. The cost varies based on the size of the cake and the distance traveled.
If you’re planning to purchase a Cake Boss cake for a special occasion, please stop back after you’ve tried it and share your story in the Comments section. Share the cost and what you thought of the service and the cake itself. Your Cake Boss cake review can help other people decide whether or not to buy a cake from Carlo’s Bakery.